Alberta Sports at Your Fingertips
Our Resource Centre is a place where everyone can research and discover Alberta's sports history. Connected to the Alberta Sport History Library website, our resource library is a compilation of Alberta's sports history available at your fingertips.
1995 AGT March of Champions Torch Relay - As a part of the legacy from the 1995 Canada Winter Games, a time capsule was created to capture the spirit of the games as the AGT March of Champions torch travelled through 16 communities in Alberta with each community contributing an item to the time capsule along with a community signed AGT Spirit of Alberta Ribbon.
The capsule was sealed and given to the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum in trust to be opened the next time a Canada Games was held in Alberta. Come see some of the items from the time capsule on display.Click here the complete list of items in the time capsule.
Red Deer is Ready - Come remember the start of the 2019 Canada Winter Games journey with a flashback to the Red Deer is Ready Rally from August of 2014.
Calgary Cannons Baseball Team - This is the exhibit that will give you your BANG for your buck... not only is this exhibit accessible for FREE in our Resource Centre, but it also used to go BANG! Come see for yourself!
Public access to Free Wifi!
Our Feature Book:To Run With Longboat: Twelve Stories of Indian Athletes in Canada
This fantastic compellation features the stories of 12 Canadian Indian athletes whose hard work, dedication, and success in their sports are an inspiration to the youth of today. The stories are all told in the format of traditional oral storytelling. The stories are all based in fact and well researched, but the contributors and editors were permitted to take some freedom in interpretation and invent where necessary, making this intriguing book a true work of docufiction.
- Runner of Messages: Tom Longboat
- The Smilin' Rattler: Jimmy Rattlesnake
- The Reluctant Black Hawk: Freddie Sasakamoose
- The Legend of Cowboy Jim: Jim Gladstone
- Sockeye the Fighter: Roger Adolph
- That Long-Distance Feeling: Sharon and Shirley Firth
- Young Thunder: Steve Collins
- The Hall of Famer's After-Dinner Speech: Ross Powless
- Heaven on Earth: Jack Jacobs
- Are you Lonesome Tonight?: Everette Sanipass
- An Olympian Image: Alwyn Morris
- Song for Mooshum: Paul Acoose