Jamie Paulson has a long list of wins to his credit. He won every Calgary and Alberta junior championship from 1964 to 1967 and also won the Calgary and Alberta senior championship from 1965 to 1970. He was a member of the Canadian teams from 1965 to 1974. Jamie Paulson won the Canadian championships nine times, four times in singles and five times in doubles. Internationally, he has won the Mexican Open twice, the Jamaican World three times, North American four times, and won gold, silver, and bronze medals at Commonwealth Games. Jamie was the first Canadian to tour Asia. He ranked first on the Thomas Cup teams from 1967 to 1974.
- 1964 - Won the Canadian Juniors (Under 19) Championship when he was 15.
He won it four years in a row, never losing a match.
- Jamie won the Canadian Open Singles twice, the only Canadian to do so.
- He also won the Canadian Open Doubles once.
- 1972 - When badminton made its debut at the 1972 Munich Olympics, Jamie was one of the eight players invited to play badminton singles matches.
- 1974 - Jamie was the Canadian flag bearer at the Christchurch Commonwealth Games.