Become A Volunteer
The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame & Museum has various volunteer opportunities thoughout the year. Volunteers play very important roles in our success through events, data entry, and visitor services.
Throughout the years, we have had many amazing volunteers who have donated their time to the ASHFM. Some volunteer a couple times per week, while others help with the major events such as the Induction Banquet and Golf Tournament. Whether you donate just a few hours of your time or are a regular face around the office, your hard work and dedication is appreciated. Thank you for everything you do!
Thank you for everything you do!
If you are interested in sharing your time, energy, creativity, and helping hands as a volunteer with the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum please contact us!
How to get involved
Minimum skills required: Attention to detail. English language proficiency. Basic computer literacy. Ability to work at a desk for long periods of time. Ability to lift light loads equal or lesser to 10lbs.
The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum hosts an annual Induction Banquet in May each year in Red Deer, Alberta. More than 600 people from across the provinces and United States attend this gala event to honour Alberta's great athletes, sport builders, pioneers, and media personnel. At this prestigious event 10 extraordinary Albertans that have made an impact on sport in our province, county and around the world are honoured. The event not only honours these great Albertans but it recognizes the importance of sport in our lives and communities.
Induction Banquet volunteers can expect to commit 2-3 days in May dedicated to preparation and implementation of this gala event. This may include decorating, organizing, directing crowds, seating visitors, silent auction, raffles, and enjoying the gala itself.
If you are looking for a year round commitment, you may be interested in the Planning Committee. There are several project meetings held throughout the year, all dedicated to the Induction Banquet.
The annual fundraising Golf Tournament is held in early August at the beautiful Innisfail Golf and Country Club. This major fundraising event is a fun day; rain or shine. This day is full of good laughs and the occasion meet and greet with an Alberta Sports Hall of Fame Member.
Golf Tournament volunteers can expect a 1 day commitment with duties that may include hole monitoring, registration, raffles, prizes, and helping with the silent auction.
To be leaders in the province and country in protecting and sharing Alberta's sport history.
The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame & Museum has the following six core businesses:
1. To maintain and operate the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum;
2. To honour Albertans who have distinguished themselves in sport;
3. To market the facility and its programs;
4. To acquire and preserve Alberta's sport history;
5. To present Alberta's sport history to Albertans and visitors;
6. To use Alberta's sport history to encourage young Albertans to lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
To preserve and celebrate Alberta's rich sports history for all to enjoy.
The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum is guided by the following values in its operation:
- Dedication - responsive to our customers, passionate in our advocacy, principled in our approach, and responsible in our actions
- Creative - pursuing new creative ideas that have the potential to change the world
- Inspiring - intellectually stimulating and challenging to influence one into action
- Integrity - acting with honesty, honouring our commitments and being accountable for our actions
- Excellence - always doing what we say we will and striving for excellence and quality in everything we do
- Respect - giving due respect to self and others and maintain the environment of teamwork and growth