How to use our search
- This is a great place to search for broad or general search terms. ie: hockey gloves
- If you are looking for a more specific search, this is where you should start. Items are sorted into keyword headers, making like objects easier to browse.
- Examples include Equipment, Headwear, Clothing, Document, Photograph, Jersey.
- Note that specific object such as Hockey Stick would be searched under Equipment or you may find better results using the general SEARCH area.
- Use this area to search by sport. This is a great way to browse and really get a broad scope of a sport within the Collection. Ie: Badminton
- Using the sliders, it’s easy to narrow your field of search to within a decade. Collection items area given a period based on decades. If you are searching for an EXACT year (ie:1994) it would be best to type 1994 into the general SEARCH area and use the sliders.
The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame & Museum Collection
Our collection is the foundation of the museum as we strive to protect and share Alberta's sports history. The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum houses over 11,500 artefacts in its collection and continues to add new acquisitions through donations. Artefacts include clothing, equipment, trophies, medals, programs, and much more.
Collections Expansion 2017
We are excited to get started on a long-awaited expansion of our collections facility. Throughout 2017, we will be completing a comprehensive inventory of our collection, packing it up for storage off site, and clearing out the collections room. We are having a new mezzanine floor installed in the room with new compact rolling shelving installed underneath. When it is all said and done, we should gain almost an additional 50% storage space.
None of this would be possible without the financial support from Canadian Economic Diversification Fund through the federal government and the Community Facility Enhancement Program through the provincial government. We greatly appreciate all the financial contributions individuals have made to the project over the past year.
Donation of Artefacts
We would like to thank all of our past artefact donors over the years, we would not have the extensive collection we have today without your thoughtful generosity.
We will NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY NEW DONATIONS THROUGH 2017, while our collections facility undergoes a major renovation.
If you have items you would like to donate to the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame & Museum please hold onto them until we have finished the renovations. This will allow us to ensure the safety and preservation of all the objects in our care.
For more information on the Collections Expansion Renovations please check out the Collections Expansion page where we will be posting updates and photos as the work progresses.
Collecting is a vital part of the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum activities and is crucial in the preservation of Alberta's sports heritage for future generations. Check back from time to time to see some of our newest acquisitions!
The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum would like to extend a sincere thank you to the Alberta Museums Association for their continued support in funding our ongoing Collections projects; Phase 3.4 Project & Hockey Alberta Project. These funds have continued the growth of the Collection and Exhibits.